Question - What are Viviva Colorsheets?
Answer - An exciting revolution in watercolour paints!
If you love traditional watercolors and want to take them on holiday but don't want all the fuss and clutter, then Viviva Colorsheets are for you! They are 100% eco friendly, biodegradable and non toxic. They have never been tested on animals. They are fun, easy to use, can be used for spontaneous creation or for just getting lost in your own creative zone!
Each of the palettes are small, lightweight and extremely portable. The colours are very rich and ultra-vibrant. There are 16 colours on each of the Viviva Colorsheets Palettes and 10 on the Metallic set and they should last for months if used economically. They are a perfect gift for watercolourists on the go, urban sketchers, illustrators, hobbyists, young artists and beginners alike. They can be used for creating a beautiful sunrise with the Original Sketcher and Metallic Set or a bustling street, or picturesque café! Even great for card making and painting gift tags too!
Family owned business
Viviva are a small family owned business and the products are hand-crafted in their hometown of Nasik India. They are proud to generate dignified employment for tens of women who lovingly handcraft every product of Viviva. Each colorsheets is handcrafted and sun-baked for a premium, smooth finish. Each square of pigment is a super saturated layer of watercolour dye.
"The Viviva Colorsheets Single Set last as long as a regular half pans in a watercolor set. The Viviva watercolor sheets are very, very vibrant. This is because in a regular half-pan set, a lot of binder is used to keep the color together. We make our colorsheets with a unique method that involves affixing the concentrated dye on a sheet of paper with almost no binder."
"Viviva Colorsheets are watercolors reimagined for the modern day schedule."
What colours are included in the Three Palettes?
Original Sketcher Set include; 16 colours listed below, inbuilt reusable mixing palette and waterproof sheets to separate different viviva colors and a waterbrush.
- Deep Pink
- Dusk Orange
- Chrome Yellow
- Yellow Ochre
- Burnt Umber
- Burnt Sienna
- Light Green
- Sap Green
- Peacock Blue
- Persian Blue
- Slate Black
Spring Single Set
- Vivid Red
- Cherry Blossom
- Happy Yellow
- Dark Brown
- Foliage Green
- Olive Green
- Lemon Grass
- Ocean Blue
- Midnight Blue
- Indigo Blue
- Metallic Red
- Metallic Baby Pink
- Metallic Light Green
- Metallic Sky Blue
Viviva Metallic set 10 viviva colors
- Ruby Red
- Pink Pearl
How to use Viviva Coloursheets; maximizing their potential!
To begin with, it is worth knowing some little tips and tricks before using, hopefully the list below will help you enjoy your Viviva colorsheets a little longer...
- Never use too much water to dilute or activate the pigment. Use a semi dry brush, or a waterbrush with an inbuilt reservoir.
- Only lift a small amount of pigment off the paper in one small area, this will ensure your pigments will last longer. Remember that they are highly saturated pigment dyes so you really only need a very small amount. Do not swipe from the middle of the sheet!
- Use the small palette provided in the back of your colorsheets for mixing your colours. This little fold out palette has a shiny surface and will allow you to mix at least three colour. When you are finished, just wipe away with a damp tissue, or if you wish, leave the pigment to dry and reactivate it when your ready to paint again with a small amount of water.
- You can use some traditional watercolour techniques with these little viviva coloursheets; wet on wet technique, pulling off pigment to lighten areas once they have dried. Using a spray water over dry paint then lifting to create textured marks.
- You can draw an image with a permanent fine liner first, then use Viviva watercolor sheets to paint over the composition for a beautiful line a wash artwork.
- Use your Viviva colorsheets with a Viviva sketchbook, they work beautifully together, the papers are 300gsm, 100% Cotton in a choice of either Hot or Cold press, white or ivory and absorb the pigments allowing them to sing off the paper.
- They can also work in conjunction with colored pencils, water-soluble pencils or crayons.
- Try not to put your fingers directly onto the pigment squares as the pigment will lightly rub off and stain your fingertips. Aim to hold the booklet by its edges or cover the pigment using the water repellent paper sheets in between the pages.
- Try to let the pigment swatches dry before you close your colorsheet palette.
Viviva Sketchbooks are fully Vegan!
Viviva sketchbooks are a great product to use and make an excellent companion for your viviva colorsheets. They provide you with your own portable gallery. Listed below are all the positives we have found for these sketchbooks.
- Easy to transport as they are a handy size, they come in an A5 size 5.8 x 8x3 inches 40 pages or a Square shape 7.5 x 7.5 inches 64 pages.
- You can choose to work on either a white or ivory paper.
- They are acid free.
- 100% Cotton.
- The paper comes in 240gsm (120lbs) or 300gsm (140lbs).
- Choose from Hot pressed smooth paper or Cold pressed textured paper.
- Whilst working in the sketchbook, you can actually open the hardbacked book flat!
- They come Faux leather bound with an elastic band ready to hold your pages down whilst you are painting en Plein Air!
- Excellent watercolor paper, super absorbent and lets the colours shine through.
- the little pocket in the back of the book is perfect for storing your Viviva colorsheet palette.
- The soft paper will take Pentel Energel gel pens, Caran d'Ache Museum Aquarelle Pencils - Assorted Sets, Derwent Lightfast Pencils - Metal Tins coloured pencils, waterproof fine liners. Pentel Hybrid Gel Grip DX White is a great white pen for use over the watercolour pigments for illustrations and small details!