Jacquard a world of vibrant colours!
Showcasing Jacquard’s bright rainbow colours, metallic powders, inks and multi surface paints!
Have you ever used or wondered about using Pinata Alcohol inks? or have you ever been inspired by their amazingly bright and vivid colour range and possibilities of application! Well Jacquard products don’t stop there!
Jacquard is basically the home of bright and beautiful coloured paints, powders and inks for all kinds of creative and imaginative projects! They have over 20 product lines and in this article we will focus on some amazing new products we can offer you on our online shop.
From very small beginnings working out of a garage, Jacquard has become a very successful company based in Northern California manufacturing its own art supplies and becoming a global name for over 35 years! They have been the leading manufacturer of artists materials for textile artists, textile designers, craftspeople, hobbyists and emerging artists. They are committed to offering top-quality materials and have built a reputation for innovation and high quality products.
Our new Product! Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments
Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments may be used any time a metallic or pearlescent effect is desired: mix them into acrylics, oils, printing inks, encaustics, alcohol inks, epoxy, glues, casting resins, clay, varnishes…the list goes on!
Pearl Ex is a safe, inert pigment that exhibits extreme colorfastness and stability. The different particle sizes produce different effects, from a smooth pearly lustre, to a highly metallic sheen. Pearl Ex creates a metallic effect without being a real metal—it will never tarnish or fade!
Surfaces: polymer clay, encaustics, paper, shrink plastic, leather, glass, canvas, wood. Mix with binder to use on natural and synthetic fibres.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- • Mix Pearl Ex with a clear embossing powder for rubber stamp embossing. Pearl Ex in itself is not an embossing powder.
- Interference colours work best over dark surfaces.
- Mix 4 parts Pearl Ex to 1 part Gum Arabic and add water to desired consistency for a watercolour paint. If you are mixing in a plastic well palette, this mixture can dry out and become reconstituted with water.
- Mix with Gum Arabic and water to create a calligraphy ink for use with any dip pen or pointed nib.
- Dust Pearl Ex Powders onto shrink plastic before shrinking. The powder will become embedded in the surface when the plastic shrinks.
- Dust a polymer clay rubber mould with Pearl Ex before pressing in the clay. This is a great way to colour the clay. It also makes the clay easier to release from the mould. • Mix Pearl Ex with the Jacquard Textile Colours Colourless Extender (JAC100) for use on fabrics. Heat set as directed on the bottle.
- Mix Pearl Ex with any clear medium to use over any surface. For example, you can mix Pearl Ex with a varnish, acrylic or solvent-based, as a coating over clay, wood, or paper. • Dust Pearl Ex onto any surface and then seal with a spray lacquer. Spray the lacquer out over the surface and let the mist fall onto the surface rather than spraying the lacquer at the surface. This will give you a more even coat of lacquer without spray marks as well as preventing the spray from blowing off the Pearl Ex.
- Knead dry Pearl Ex powder into polymer clay to colour it. • Pearl Ex can be mixed into wax for candle making.
- Pearl Ex can be mixed into a medium and airbrushed. Some testing will be necessary to ensure that the particle size will fit through the airbrush opening.
Above are examples of the Pearl Ex Powdered pigments. We tested Magenta, Misty Lavender and Turquoise, mixed with Jacquard Gum Arabic 28.35g to produce beautiful iridescent highly pigmented watercolours.
We painted several investigations onto Frisk Black Mixed Media Paper Pad 250gsm 30 Sheets and onto GOLDLINE Watercolour Studio Pad 100 sheets 200gsm/90lbs cold pressed. Both papers gave great results in holding the pigments and not buckling or rippling.
The shimmering results were stunning! These powders can be used as watercolours to produce translucent glazes, or layered over different colours to produce beautiful transitions of hues when mixed with Gum Arabic. The pigments can also be mixed with acrylic colours to produce a more opaque effect. We mixed them with a White Acrylic paint from our ARTDISCOUNT STUDIO HEAVY BODY ACRYLIC PAINTS - 200MLS TUBES range. They became more opaque but still retained a glimmer of shimmer in a pastel shade. We then tried painting over the dried mixed acrylic, with the original watercolour shimmer mix to create these beautiful stripes of opaque and translucent pigments. So many possibilities with these amazing pigment powders.
These powders are incredibly versatile and can turn any project into a great adventure! To set your beautiful creations read about Jacquard Pearl Ex Varnish below.
Jacquard Pearl Ex Varnish
This water-based varnish can be used as a medium or top coat with Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments. Works great on paper, clay, metal, wood or plastic and cleans up easily with water. This varnish enables Pearl Ex users to create their own lustrous metallic paints, glazes and durable finishes on every surface.VIEW PRODUCT
Pearl Ex Powdered Pigment Sets
Series One is comprised of; Set: 12-0.11 oz/3 g jars of Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments with the following colours:
Series Two is comprised of: Series 2 Set: 12- 0.11/3g jars of Pearl Ex Powdered Pigment with the following colours:
Series Three is comprised of: Series 3 Set: 12- 0.11/3g jars of Pearl Ex Powdered Pigment with the following colours:
Jacquard Lumiere, Multi-Surface Metallic and Pearlescent Acrylic paints
The most versatile and wide-ranging assortment of metallic and pearlescent acrylics available, these stunning light-bodied paints brush on smoothly and are formulated to last. Use Lumiere paints whenever a metallic or pearlescent effect is desired, for fine arts, craft, home decor or textile applications.
They won’t crack, peel or chip, even on flexible surfaces like fabric, leather, vinyl or rubber. Soft to the touch and washfast on fabric, Lumiere paints also exhibit unparalleled adhesive properties, even on non-porous surfaces like ceramic and metal. Lumiere colours are lightfast and weather-resistant, and their high pigmentation provides excellent coverage, even on dark grounds.
FABRIC/SURFACESNatural and synthetic fabrics, leather, wood, canvas, vinyl, plastic, rubber, clay, paper and moreVIEW PRODUCT
Jacquard Neopaque Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint, Traditional pigment colours.
Neopaque shares many characteristics with Lumiere but is formulated with traditional pigments instead of metallics. A great companion to Textile paints for black fabrics, these super opaque paints provide maximum coverage on virtually any dark ground. Exceptionally washfast on fabric, Neopaque is also permanent on a wide variety of other surfaces, including leather, vinyl, canvas, stone, plastic and rubber. Professional shoe painters depend on Neopaque for its superior durability and adhesion to non-traditional surfaces—it won’t crack, peel or chip, even with continuous wear. Great for fine arts, textiles, leather and more, Neopaque is unsurpassed for coverage, versatility and performance.
TECHNIQUES: paint, screen, stencil, stamp; add to Lumiere for an antique effect.
FABRIC/SURFACES: natural and synthetic fabrics, leather, wood, canvas, clay, vinyl, plastic, rubber, stone, paper and more
Including the Sneaker series:VIEW PRODUCT
Coloured Piñata Alcohol Inks
Piñata Colors are highly saturated, fast-drying alcohol inks for any hard surface, including glass, metal, plastic, ceramic, stone, leather, resin, polymer clay, YUPO® and more. Indelible and impervious to water, Piñata Colors clean up with alcohol and re-wet themselves, allowing for unique effects and techniques not easily achieved with water-based inks. As a dye-based, highly transparent ink *Piñata Colors are unparalleled for vibrancy. Only the most lightfast dyes have been selected for the palette. Acid-free with excellent adhesive properties, Piñata Colors are the go-to inks for all non-porous surfaces.
APPLICATION: Apply with brush, pen, airbrush, stamp, sponge, spray bottle.
TECHNIQUES:fine arts, scrapbooking, crafts, faux stained glass, card making, resin arts, faux finishing techniques and staining wood and leather
SURFACES: glass, metal, plastic, vinyl, ceramic, stone, leather, epoxy resins, YUPO®, foil, wood, encaustic, clayboard, fibreglass, acrylic, polymer clay and more
- * #032, #033, #034, and #035 are stunningly reflective metallic colours made from real metal pigments.
- #036 Pearl is a metallic white made with super reflective mica pigments. It is terrific for mixing with the dye-based colours to create entirely new palettes of pearlescent inks.
- All the metallic colours are opaque and lightfast.
- ‡ #030 Blanco Blanco is also an opaque, pigmented colour and is great for mixing tints and pastels.
All of Jacquard’s products provide endless possibilities on multiple surfaces, they are multifunctional and show amazing versatility, whatever your project!
If you decide to purchase one of these products, Don’t forget to tag us and share your work with us. Under, #colouringthenation or tag us on Instagram and that would be great, we would love to see all your colourful artwork!
Follow us on Instagram @artdiscountofficial for more tips and exciting articles.